Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year has arrived!

2011 has arrived!  I wonder how long it will take me to get used to writing 2011 on my checks?  Yes, there are still places that accept checks, which comes in particularly handy when your bank doesn't offer online banking. 

I have almost completed my cookbook on game meat - watch for it!  It will be published very soon!  I'm excited and already have plans for the next one!  It's been a fun project.

My spouse decided that he wants an exact copy of his favorite ski pants made.  I've gotten all the materials, just have to get out some muslin and copy the pants.  Copying ready-to-wear isn't what I'd call fun.  There are other options, but he likes those best, so we'll see what we can do.

I finally finished reupholsering an old mission style rocking chair.  It was originally in black faux fur with lawn chair webbing for the support on the back.  It was dreadful.  I was able to redo it myself for a fraction of what professional shops wanted.  There are a few things I'd do differently, but overall, I think it came out quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment